04 April 2008

A wee lull

One of my anonymous interlocutors (see comment on previous post) has suggested that in recent days I have been drifting off-message. I have to confess that there are times when Scottish politics appears less than scintillating.

Alf Young noted in this morning's Herald that the First Minister's visit to the USA had gone unnoticed by the American media - to which one can only respond: 'twas ever thus. If it was not for the fact that the politicians get a trip to the Big Apple at public expense, I doubt if they'd bother.

Meanwhile, in London, we have Boris and his coke, Ken and his children and John Prescott with his £80 per week grocery bill. It's trivial stuff, I know, but marginally more interesting than Mr Swinney on Aberdeen Council's financial travails. (Bon Accord baths have had to close.)

What was it Scarlett said about tomorrow?

No comments: