26 April 2012

Conversation of the week

The Guardian is having fun:

Rupert Murdoch: You remember how I used to say that the best job you could do for me, you no-brained moron, was to put everyone to sleep by talking unintelligible management-speak in your absurd mid-Atlantic robotic accent … 
James Murdoch: I did get that helicopter view … 
Rupert M: Well, since you've cocked everything up so badly, I want you to tell Leveson the truth after all. 
James M: What? That I really did chat with Cameron about the BSkyB takeover over Christmas lunch? 
Cameron: It wasn't over dinner. It was over a glass of champagne. 
Rupert M: Revenge is sweet. That one was for Rebekah … 
James M: And Jeremy Hunt couldn't have been more helpful, trying to smooth the deal through … 
Jim Naughtie: I always said he was a cupid stunt. 
Rupert M: … and that one was for BSkyB and the News of the Screws. 
Jeremy Hunt: There's no need for a knee-jerk reaction. 
John Terry: I wish you'd said that earlier. 
May: Look on the bright side. Everyone's forgotten about Abu Qatada.


 

  

No comments: