01 March 2014

Odd socks

I'm watching the Southampton-Liverpool match.  I am intrigued to notice that the Liverpool team are wearing odd socks, in that the top of the left sock is of a much deeper blue than the top of the right sock.  The entire team is outfitted in this way.  If you don't believe me, check it out on Match of the Day later tonight.

How did the team authorities ensure that the socks were worn the right way around?  I find it difficult to imagine the manager stressing to the team before the match to remember that the lighter blue sock goes on the right foot.  That pre-supposes that footballers know their right foot from their left.  And, anyway, are there no rebellious spirits in the Liverpool team prepared to defy conventional thinking?

I guess that it will remain one of life's minor mysteries ...

   

No comments: