09 January 2016

It's a tough old life. leading the Labour Party

From Jeremy Corbyn's diary - according to The Times (here):
Monday
I’m locked in the opposition offices in the House of Commons, beginning work on my new year reshuffle. Shouldn’t take long.
“It’s a shame George Galloway lost his seat,” says John McDonnell. “Because he’d have made an excellent shadow defence secretary.”
I tell him I’m actually thinking of Diane Abbott, but Diane says she’s quite happy in her current role.
“Although I cannot at this precise moment remember,” she adds, “what it actually is.”
Then Seumas, my press guy, says the Blarites are all spreading rumours about a purge.
“We can’t have that,” says Diane. “You need to purge them.”
“Or kneecap them,” says John.
“Stop it,” I say. “That’s the old politics. This is the new politics. People need to be free to disagree with me.”
Diane says she’s not sure she agrees with that.
“Kneecap her,” says John.

   

No comments: