30 April 2017

Is this the best she could come up with?


Pretty vacuous stuff:
May, on her first visit to Scotland since calling the election, said: “My message to the people of Scotland is clear – every vote for me and my team will strengthen my hand in the Brexit negotiations. That will strengthen the Union, strengthen the economy and the UK and Scotland together will flourish because if Scotland is flourishing, the rest of the United Kingdom is flourishing, too. That’s really important because, as prime minister of the United Kingdom, I want to see every part of our country succeed.”
Really?  Does anyone seriously think that the rest of the EU cares tuppence about how many votes St Theresa gets?  Or that it will in any way influence their negotiating position?  Or that, if Scotland flourishes, the rest of the UK will be also be flourishing?

 

No comments: