27 April 2018

Amber explains

Image result for amber rudd

"Look, I know I said on Wednesday that we at the Home Office had no targets for immigrant removals.  And I think I believed it at the time.

"Then on Thursday I was forced to admit that there were targets but I explained that, although I was in charge of the Home Office, I didn't know about these targets.  Nobody had told me about them.  And I think I believed it at the time.

"Now those ghastly people at The Guardian have unearthed some memo which was sent to me and which reports on progress against the targets (which I said I knew nothing about).

"What's a girl to do?  Perhaps I could say that I never read the damn memo - but then they would say that I was incompetent.  And my officials would probably leak my reply to the memo.

"Maybe I could distract attention by saying something about a customs union after Brexit?  Oh no, I've already tried that, and it didn.t really work.

"Let's face it, I'm up shit creek without a paddle.  But something will turn up.  After all, I'm a Tory ...

 

No comments: