20 April 2007

In poor taste

I'm not sure that this story is true:
SCOTTISH EXECUTIVE "REMOVED WORKERS' BODY PARTS, WHILE THEY WERE STILL AT THEIR DESKS"

AN official inquiry is to be launched into claims the Scottish Executive removed the body parts of staff while they were sitting at their desks.
Dozens of Executive civil servants have complained to their trade unions of having parts taken without permission. Molly Gilmore, who works in the Executive's rural affairs department, said: "I'd been working on farm payments all morning and got up to go for a coffee.
"Next thing I know, I've keeled over. I looked down to discover that my left leg was missing below the knee. Someone had whipped it off without so much as a by your leave."
Roy Hobbs, a finance department official, said: "I was emailing members of my team about council tax benefit when all of a sudden I noticed I was typing gibberish.
"I looked down to discover that both my index fingers had been removed. I immediately picked up the phone to dial human resources but of course that quickly descended into a complete farce."

I rather doubt if Executive officials would notice if their limbs were lopped off.

No comments: