03 October 2007

Dream on!

A case of wishful thinking reported in The Evening News:
SCOTTISH Tory leader Annabel Goldie today hailed David Cameron as the man to revive the party in Scotland as he pledged to sweep away Gordon Brown's "cynical old politics".
...
Mrs [sic] Goldie said she fully supported Mr Cameron.
She said: "I think David is an inspiring leader. I believe he's the right man for the country and the Scottish party.
"I think he can revive the Tories across the UK and in Scotland. I think we will make gains at the next UK General Election.
"I think David Cameron has shown this week that he is an inspiring leader for the Tories."

Loyalty is an admirable quality (although it is seldom found in the Tory Party), but it should not be confused with living in a fantasy world.

No comments: