02 December 2012

Brrrr! Home

I thought Andalucia was on the chilly side, but ...

Flew to Edinburgh last night.  Plane diverted to Gatwick due to ill passenger.   At Gatwick, aircraft wings iced up and pilot couldn't find credit card for extra fuel.  Three hour flight turned into six hours.  Ryanair offered us a glass of water in recompense.  (Yes. really.)  Six hours without a cigarette ...

Arrived home to a cold, cold flat at 2.30 am.  Even now, I'm blogging with a scarf and bunnet.  Just as well  I'm returning to the delights of Southern Spain next week.

 

4 comments:

George O said...

It's tough life for you tax exiles

Dave said...

Tax exile? Moi?

I wish! But HMCR takes its whack off my pension, just like that of anyone else.

George O said...

Then you'll get your winter fuel allowance so heat up the flat!

Dave said...

Indeed I did!

Heating at full blast.