27 January 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly

How the rich folk live, as reported in The Independent.

Here:
Redknapp said: "I have a big problem, I can't write, so I don't keep anything. I'm the most disorganised person, I am ashamed to say, in the world, I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I have never sent a fax and I've never sent a text message."
..
I'm disorganised, completely and utterly disorganised, but I'm not into fiddling tax. I pay a fortune to my accountant to look after me. He writes the cheques for me and my wife. He pays my bills and that's where I am."
And here:
Mr Rothschild and Lord Mandelson were whisked in a private jet to the Siberian town of Abakan, where Mr Deripaska owns a chalet and smelting plant. Peter Munk, a Canadian gold magnate, and Sebastian Taylor, a friend of Mr Rothschild, also joined the group.
Taking the stand earlier this week, Mr Rothschild said his friends were taken to a traditional sauna, where they were whipped with birch leaves before plunging themselves into icy water.
"It is the best way in the world to beat jet lag and everything else," he said. "It was incredibly enjoyable. Everyone woke up the next day feeling revitalised and excited about the day."
And here:
The state-backed Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) will hand its chief executive, Stephen Hester, an annual bonus of £963,000, it revealed last night.
RBS, which has been under huge pressure from the government to curb awards, said its decision was designed to “recognise tangible achievement in the business and protect the interest of our shareholders, including of course the UK taxpayer”.
It is handing Hester a bonus of 3.6m shares, or 60% of his maximum entitlement, on top of his £1.2m salary.
What a dull boring life I lead ...

No comments: