06 January 2012

Losing it

Well there I go.  According to a study in the BMJ, my cognitive abilities may have begun their decline fifteen years earlier than anticipated.  It would be alarming if I still had the sense to understand it.  But then that's probably down to my ever-increasing stupidity.

John Crace in The Guardian has the right attitude:

Getting old is a scary enough business – every illness I get is more likely to be fatal – but what really keeps me awake, with both laughter and terror, is leaving the country in the hands of the young.
Cameron, Osborne, Clegg and Miliband: all are men who have done next to nothing, and appear to understand next to nothing. Their total experience outside Westminster is zero. These are the people we are trusting to get us out of the worst depression since the 1930s.
If they do, it will be down to luck and nothing else.
But if you think it's bad now, imagine how it's going to be in a year's time. Cameron was 45 last birthday so, according to the BMJ, his reasoning will be getting worse and worse. Think about it. While you still can.

No comments: