10 September 2008

Post from Wester Hailes by the sea

I know. I've been slightly remiss in terms of posting over the last couple of days.

That is partly due to my removal to Spain for the next couple of months. Spain, land of astonishingly beautiful young women. Unfortunately, also the land of fat Brits. And why do they have to wander about, baring their flabby torsos to all and sundry. Put a t-shirt on, you're not on the beach!

Amazingly, my broadband connection is still functioning. So normal service will be resumed, once I get used to the shock of the heat. And, indeed, of the deprivation of the BBC's i-player; even though I pay my licence fee, I don't get access because of rights issues. Other than that, life is sweet - even if 2 euros ( approximately £1.70) for a pint seems excessive. I bought a watermelon this morning; impossible to eat the damn thing courteously, but who cares.

No comments: