01 March 2013

Quote of the day

From the Home Affairs Select Committee (here):

 "We do not believe that officers should enter into intimate, physical sexual relationships while using their false identities undercover without clear, prior authorisation, which should only be given in the most exceptional circumstances.
"In particular, it is unacceptable that a child should be brought into the world as a result of such a relationship and this must never be allowed to happen again."

I can see their point but I'm not sure how it can work in practice:
"Look boss, I have infiltrated this group of environmental eco-terrorists and I have met this nice lady.  She says she will tell me when they next propose to bomb a certain nuclear facility but will only do so if I agree to sleep with her.  May I have your permission, please.  I promise to use a condom."
It's not going to happen, is it?


   

No comments: