08 September 2014

Conversation of the week

Her Maj entertains Cameron at Balmoral (here):
"You do know you will go down in history as the prime minister who lost the union," the Queen continued.
"Indeed. I am aware of that, ma'am."
"Well, what do you intend to do about it?"
"I'm not really sure there's much I can do."
"Then you'd better come up with something quickly. One will not be pleased if Scawtland goes feral."
"I suppose I could start by coming to the Braemar games with you, ma'am."
"I don't think that's a very good idea."
"How about a spot of fishing on the Dee?"
"I suggest you do rather more than that. The royal family has done its bit by instructing Kate to get pregnant again and I can promise you the Scawts will only ever get to see the baby in the pages of Hello! if they don't vote the right way. So just bugger awf back to Westminster. If you don't get this sorted in the next 10 days, you won't be coming back here next year."
"And neither, ma'am, will you."




No comments: