24 September 2008

Excuses, excuses ...

So, I have been posted missing for three days. Any of you who have ever tried to buy an apartment abroad will realise the bureaucratic, legal and banking hassles involved. But I think it's now all sorted - at least more or less.

Furthermore, I have begun watching The Wire (First Season). So far - after two episodes - it has lived up to the rave reviews.

I bought series 1 and 2 from Amazon for a total of less than £30. For this, you get some 24 hours of splendid telly viewing, which seems good value. It will, however, take me a long time to get through all five seasons.

They do swear an awful lot, though ...

So this evening in my Spanish apartment I have the choice of watching episodes 3 and 4 or, alternatively, Partick Thistle v Rangers. No option really. But it does seem somewhat bizarre.

No comments: