12 May 2008

That which does not kill me makes me stronger

How does she keep going? How does she get up in the morning and go to work? When The Scotsman is describing her as appearing "to stumble from crisis to crisis" and The Herald states that she has made herself "a laughing stock"; and while so-called labour worthies (ie disappointed ex-ministers McLeish, McConnell and Wilson) line up to put the boot in.

It must hurt. It must hurt like hell. It must take considerable courage to keep on keeping on. If it were me, I would long ago have said 'stuff this' and told them where they could stick their leadership of the Labour Party in the Scottish Parliament.

So my compliments to Ms Alexander. She may not be the greatest political strategist in the world, but let no-one say that she doesn't have the guts for the job.

No comments: