13 April 2007

It would be good to have a proper blogger in parliament

I received a letter this morning from that nice young Mr Hutchison inviting me to vote for him and a colleague in the elections. A proper letter too, in an envelope, personally addressed to me, with a first class stamp. No other party has bothered.

I rather doubt if I could ever bring myself to vote for the SNP but I can only applaud their organisational efforts in this election. Their manifesto conference was streets ahead of the other parties; the earlier gradual revelation of supporting businessmen was clever; and Mr Salmond has intelligently played down his sarcastic side. If this national effectiveness is matched at constituency level, then they look to be well on their way.

Now if only the policies stood up...

No comments: