11 June 2007

Playing it straight

Iain Macwhirter in The Herald catalogues the duplicity of the UK Government over the Libyan memorandum of understanding and concludes:
What infuriates me most about this whole affair is the implication that anyone who questions the Downing Street account is a Nationalist sympathiser. Well, I belong to no party, but I can tell this this much: if they want to hand the political initiative to the SNP, they are going exactly the right way about it. And I say this to UK government sources: in future, don't ring me unless you are prepared to tell it straight. You might find I am not at home.

Some of us might wonder if UK Government sources are capable of telling it straight even if they wanted to. Remember Iraq? the BAE/Saudi affair? Even last week's G8 Summit?

No comments: