01 June 2007

Trams and trains

I'm really not that fussed. Do we need both a rail connection and a tram connection to the airport? Probably not. Are the schemes proposed not awfully expensive? Probably. Are the expenses out of control? Well, the cost of the tram system seems to have grown like Topsy. Do we need a fancy rail tunnel under the airport runway? Probably not. Are there cheaper options? Probably.

Is there scope for some sort of compromise? Seems fairly obvious to me, but what do I know?

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Part of the proposed tram route will go right outside my house and I don't have a car so rely heavily on public transport to get around the city.


Despite this, I can't say I'm too fussed either way if they get built or not.

Anonymous said...

Probably the tram doesn't need to go to the airport but we have talked about improving transport in Edinburgh for 40 years and very little has been done. With all the new developments at the docks and the extra people coming from Fife courtesy of the free bridge some new public transport is vital and the last thing we need is Salmond re-addressing issues which the parliament has already debated and decided.