12 January 2006

BANNED!

The Scottish Executive has introduced a firewall banning access by its officials to blogs. I gather it applies to all Blogger blogs; I cannot confirm other types. Officials who try to access blogs are warned that people have been sacked for seeking to access such sites.

I cannot say that I am crying in my beer about this, but it does seem rather petty and rather sad. But if the Executive chooses to cut its officials off from the expression of views by an admittedly self-selecting segment of public opinion, then hell mend them.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Denise

As far as I am aware, the ban applies to Scottish Executive staff. I have no reason to believe that it applies to MSPs or to staff of the Parliament.

Anonymous said...

Reading this from Holyrood, no problems!