20 January 2006

The one-boy crimewave

The Evening News reports:
"A TEARAWAY teenager suspected of committing 800 crimes in the Capital has been caught by police breaking his antisocial behaviour order.
The 15-year-old was served with an Asbo after being reported to police for a catalogue of crimes including car theft, joyriding, housebreaking and assault.
The youngster was banned from entering the Gracemount area, where his reign of terror was concentrated.
But he has been arrested at least twice for violating the order, imposed three months ago. Officers caught him on one occasion travelling in a stolen car...
Since the Asbo was imposed, police and residents say there has been a sharp drop in problems in Gracemount.
The order, served last October, was the first for an under-16 in Edinburgh and only the second in Scotland, and followed 80 reports made to police about his behaviour since he was aged ten.
But police believe that the total number of offences he committed could be around ten times greater than the amount reported."

It will be of no consolation to Gracemount residents but you have to respect the young man's persistence - 800 crimes in 5 years. And they serve him with an Asbo?

1 comment:

Lost to the system said...

I am 28 now and the fucking animal the system turned me into is beyond recognition. Iv become more violent than I'd have ever wished upon my self when given this order. I was locked up and beaten, abused and treated like a fucking animal at 13 Iv murdered and and been involved so much fucking violence I cannot escape this reality. Yous cunts abused me beat me and locked me up as a child Iv been locked up almost my whole life. Iv been backed into corners and come out swinging and always punished. I admit I am violent it's not who I want to be is give anything to be a normal guy with a family I'm not a bad man I'm violent. Do what was done to me to any human and believe me you'd be violent to. And before I was lost to "the system" the life I endured as a child would make horror movies seem like an episode of Wallace and grommit. I'm not a bad man at heart Iv been bread into violence and tortured from my earliest memories I wouldn't wish my life on anyone