21 May 2007

It's a hard life, being an MSP(?)

Our esteemed parliament appears to be a bit leary of getting down to work. Since the election on 3 May, it has met on:
9 May for the oath-taking which took a couple of hours, then immediately suspended itself until:

14 May, when it took another couple of hours to elect a presiding officer and two deputies;

16 May, when it took less than 90 minutes to elect a First Minister; and

17 May, when it took less than 40 minutes to elect the rest of the Ministers.

They are now expected to meet this Wednesday afternoon (23 May) and again on Thursday (24 May), some three weeks after the election. Foolish, I know, but somehow I expected them to get properly started rather sooner ...

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Very good point actually. I did more work in my first year at uni.

I take it they only get paid half their salary for May....