14 May 2007

We was robbed

Of course it's not fair. The Balkan countries all wote for each other and so do the Baltics. And poor old UK ends up second last.

But the answer is simple, really. I'm surprised the SNP did not put in their election manifesto. Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland should each have their own entry in the Eurovision Song Contest. Then we could all vote for each other, thus ensuring that never again would we finish in such an ignominious position.

Except for Jack McConnell who would no doubt vote for the European equivalent of Trinidad and Tobago ...

1 comment:

Will said...

Well, I've been advocating this myself ever since Jemini, and I argue (only half jokingly) that if the 2003 ESC had been held before the election, John Swinney would have ended up First Minister.

By the way, Scooch were an abomination, and the SNP missed another trick here. If I had been designing the campaign material, I would have had photos of Scooch with the caption, "Le Royaume Uni - Nul Points"...