15 May 2012

Quote of the day

From Charlie Brooks, husband of Rebekah (here):
I feel today is an attempt to use me and others as scapegoats, the effect of which is to ratchet up the pressure on my wife, who I believe is the subject of a witch hunt.
There are 172 police officers, about the equivalent of eight murder squads, working on this; so it doesn't surprise me that the pressure is on to prosecute, no matter how weak the cases will be.
I am confident that the lack of evidence against me will be borne out in court, but I have grave doubts that my wife will ever get a fair trial, given the volume of biased commentary which she has been subject to.
Irony piled upon irony: that the former editor of The Sun should be the subject of a witch hunt and that she may not get a fair trial.  Thus is the biter bit.


No comments: